Professional Registrations, Designations and Licenses
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist®
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities registrations (multiple states)
- Life Insurance, Variable Life and Annuity Insurance Agent (multiple states)
- Long-term Care Insurance Agent (multiple states)
Jim Tucker is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional and Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist® designee with the investment and financial planning firm of Tucker Bria Wealth Strategies, LLC.
Jim is passionate about helping families navigate their life journey. He is a strong believer in money discussions among family members. He sees these discussions as important to de-mystifying money and its role your family history. Similar to the planting of an oak tree that can grow for over 100 years, each generation in a family should learn to become stewards of family wealth for the next generation. Jim has learned to define a family’s wealth beyond money to include valuing each family member as an individual and celebrating their knowledge and growth.
Jim enjoyed a successful business career prior to entering the wealth management field in 2003. His business experience includes time as a Wall Street investment banker and as an investment manager for a regional mall real estate portfolio of a national insurance company. His entrepreneurial endeavors include being a member of the management team that grew Natural Wonders, a mall-based nature and science gift retailer, from a venture capital backed start-up into a publicly traded company. Additionally, he was an early employee of the Charlotte-based technology company, AvidXchange.
Jim earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University (A.B., Public Policy) and his MBA from Harvard Business School.
Jim is a former Duke University swimming record holder and current member of U.S. Masters Swimming. He enjoys wine, food and travel or any combination of the above.
Jim and his wife, Valerie Hausman, have two sons, Andrew (22) and Justin (20), and reside in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Financial Planning Association
- Financial Services Institute
- Rotary International
Community Affiliations (current and past)
- Current Board Member, Swim for Charlie, a Triangle-based non-profit providing water safety skills to 2nd grade students in area elementary schools.
- Past finance committee member, Emily Krzyzewski Center, a Durham, NC non-profit serving academically-focused students in out-of-school programming designed to help them achieve in school, gain entry to college, and break the cycle of poverty in their families.
- Past investment committee member, Jewish Community Foundation of Durham and Chapel Hill
- Past president of the Board, Community Home Trust, an affordable housing non-profit serving Orange County, NC.
- Past board member, Harvard Club of the Research Triangle
- Member, Beth El Synagogue
Jim Tucker is proud to have been recognized as a Business Experience advisor for 2019- a distinction based on annual production that places him among the top 47 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network