Patrick L. Bria
Co-Founder & Wealth Advisor
Professional Registrations, Designations and Licenses
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities registrations (multiple states)
- Life Insurance, Variable Life and Annuity Insurance Agent (multiple states)
- Long-term Care Insurance Agent (multiple states)
Pat Bria is a wealth advisor and 19-year veteran in the securities industry now with the investment and financial planning firm of Tucker Bria Wealth Strategies, LLC. Tucker Bria is dedicated to assisting you with exploring financial strategies at each stage of your life. The Firm is structured to work with you, your family and your other trusted advisors such as your CPA and Estate Attorney.
Pat has spent his career coming alongside individuals and families to try to help guide them toward their financial life goals. He understands that clients have spent their lives working, saving and investing and takes very seriously the stewardship responsibilities of growing, protecting, and preserving that which took a lifetime to accumulate. As a father of four and son of aging parents, he has had to deal with many of the financial and life issues common to and uncommon to many families and brings those experiences to helping others.
Pat has enjoyed a varied career that has given him broad perspective in not just investing in the public markets but in other important uses of wealth. After college, he served in the US Navy aboard the USS Virginia, a nuclear-powered guided-missile cruiser. Upon leaving the service, he settled in Durham, NC and embarked on a real estate career in the emerging city. During the mid-90’s, his alma mater came calling and he spent 5 years as a development officer raising money for Duke. In 1999, (yes, right before the crash), he entered, with a Duke classmate, into the wealth management arena where he found his “life’s calling”.
Pat studied economics and psychology at Duke where he was a member of the varsity swim team along with his business partner. His hobbies include fitness swimming, tennis, raising a bunch of kids, and travel.
He and his college sweetheart, Marcy, live in Durham and have four children; John (28), Lars (26), Mary Burns (21), Alex (17), two daughters-in-law, a grandchild in-utero, and a cat, Chuck Norris, that acts like a dog.
Community Affiliations (current and past)
- Current member of Grey Stone Church
- Past Board Chair for the Child Evangelism Fellowship of Durham, a ministry devoted to reaching and helping kids in underserved neighborhoods
- Past board member of Durham Cares, a community-focused ministry.
- Past member of the Duke University Greek Advisory Council
- Past president of the Hollow Rock Racquet and Swim Club Board of Directors